What will Happen in the Team Leadership Program
This program addresses five key approaches that are essential to triggering excellence in team leadership whereby clarity of purpose and quality of relationships are fundamental. En route the team will:
- Generate the team’s strengths profile in order to develop an acute awareness for how they tick. Consequently they will be in a much better position to pool their divergent perspectives in dialogue sessions and so significantly enrich the collaboration process.
- Clarify the team’s purpose by reviewing their real-time business challenges. Subsequently, the team will prioritize what needs their immediate attention moving forward.
- Commit to SMART objectives in pursuit of the priorities set. The implementation of the objectives will be tracked and adjusted if necessary in the 12-month follow-up period.
- Drive their team objectives more forcefully by building their capacity for effective collaboration. The team will be investing less individual effort and investing more team diversity in pursuing the objectives set.
- Enhance their communication by addressing critical incidents both constructively and consistently. Blame, frustration and anger will no longer stop team members in their tracks.
Whatever the team’s strengths profile is, these five approaches are designed to get the team from where they are now to where they need to be in the most sustainable way possible.
Why Dialogue is Key
One of the biggest challenges facing teams today is not a lack of technical skills but the capacity to adapt. Not only to changing realities and situations but indeed in interpersonal interactions.
Lack of dialogue results in distorted images of others. Critical incidents appear to be an integral component of collaboration. And this is costly.
In fact, the team may already be paying a high price with the thinkers and strivers being blamed for being insensitive. Perceived as deadline fanatics with zero people skills. While the natural relators are being blamed for being over-sensitive. Boxed as too people-conscious with zero striving skills. If this is the case, performance is suffering and impacting the bottom line.
The key to triggering excellence in collaboration is inquiry. If you can listen deeply – and that is the challenge – triggering excellence in team performance becomes an inspiring and rewarding place to be. A team of enriching perspectives emerges to address real-time business challenges.
The Triggering Excellence in Team Leadership Program puts the emphasis on dialogue. By objectively looking at reality from divergent perspectives as a source of learning, I support you in developing your capacity to expand your repertoire and flexibility in exercising collaboration.
The Results the Team can Expect
By the end of the program, the team will:
The Structure of the Team Leadership Program
The program is an in-depth twelve-month program that triggers excellence in team collaboration. It is tailored to address the needs of the business and is adapted enroute to ensure reality is paced.
1. Status Defined
The program begins with three preparatory tasks.
- Firstly, I ask each team member to complete an online strengths finder profile.
- Secondly, I ask each team member to let me have a brief outline of their specific roles, responsibilities and objectives in their present position.
- And thirdly, I ask each team member to complete a questionnaire on the status of the team’s collaboration.
All three documents need to be sent to me 2 weeks prior to the intensive immersion phase.
2. Intensive Immersion Phase (2 days off-site)
The emphasis in this phase is on creating networks of collaborative dialogue around question that matter.
- Firstly, we define the team’s current reality.
- Secondly, we identify what needs the team’s immediate attention moving forward.
- Thirdly, we put SMART objectives in place.
3. Extensive Implementation Phase (1-2 days per month over a 12- month period)
The emphasis in this phase is on implementing the team’s SMART objectives. In these sessions we focus on how the team is progressing both on the person-related and task-related fronts. In individual/group sessions, I pick the team up from where they are and focus on what needs their attention moving forward. Critical incidents are addressed and action steps agreed.
Progress is documented. And absolute discretion and confidentiality are guaranteed.
The Next Step
If you would like to explore what options are open for you in triggering excellence in leadership and are prepared to act now, I invite you to contact me to schedule a complimentary Leadership Strategy Session.
The session takes about one hour and we can link-up either in person, or by phone or by skype.
In this session, we explore your current business situation: the key players, the goals, the challenges and the new realities your organisation is facing.
Just contact me by phone (+49 (0)172 707 4797) or by email (email@example.com).
Now that you have an overview of the Triggering Excellence in Leadership Program,” just click on stories to gain an insight into some of the results which have been triggered in programs to date.